Monday, September 03, 2007

Science Experiment Gone Bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!






It's the second day of school and for my four eighth grade science classes we were doing an experiment with fire. We had the blow torch, gloves, goggles, cornstarch, the FIRE EXTINGUISHER and FIRE BLANKET! down to the cafeteria. I had been nervous the night before. This experiment is new to me. We couldn't do it in the class room because the ceilings are too low - its supposed to produce a 6 foot ball of flame. Well, the biggest I ever got was a two foot ball of fire. Still impressive. I was tired by the end of the day, and even though I blew somehow the cornstarch came back on me. I ended up paging the principal to help blow. When she came around the corner and saw me, she insisted we take pictures for the yearbook first. smile. The students were dying with laughter. All week long everyone has kept asking me what I was going to blow up today. Friday, I was in the office and the cafeteria lady came in, saw me, and asked "what are you going to blow up today?" Rumor is it might make the paper next week. Oh well! The kids loved it even though it didn't go like it was supposed to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home