Sunday, November 23, 2008

Struggling

Today was frustrating for me and one of my teenage daughters. I have continued to say "NO" to a specific literary and cinema release. My daughter is probably the only one who has not participated in these things and she is frustrated. I know its hard; my parents did the same things with me. They said no to a lot of TV shows, movies, and music. It was frustrating; but today I'm thankful. I know I am not the only parent who is doing this. It is hard; because visually everywhere I look pretty much everyone is doing it. Do I back down now to make my daughter happy or do I persevere in protecting her in the long run? Truth says I'm doing the right thing; though feelings do not agree. I am purposely not giving specifics; because I do not want to argue with anyone. I feel strongly impressed by the Holy Spirit that this is what is right for my family. Let's just say that being a mom and raising your children is not easy and today is one of those days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home