Saturday, September 23, 2006

Homecoming






Homecoming is fun in small towns. Everyone gets involved. High school, Jr. High, and Elem all came to the pep rally. Since I was subbing 2nd grade I had the responsibility to keep up with them on the bus to and from the High School. It was so much fun.
We also surprised the girls with mums. Sp 4th grade teacher got tickled with her. Several came to school wearing mums. Sp asked about them and where you get them. She said we just moved here, so I bet my parents don't know anything about that. She switched classes, but her teacher said she wished she could have seen her face when the mums were delivered. Since I was subbing she saw me in passing and ran up to me and thanked me with her sparkling smile and a hug. Their godmother gave them mum rings. They are adorable.
K thought it would be great to have a Lock In afterwards to give the students something to do. He thought maybe a hundred. He had 131 students show up for the evening. They had a great time eating pizza and traveling a nearby town for bowling and skating.
We were also tickled that one of our youth girls was elected homecoming queen. That added to the excitement of the evening.

1 Comments:

At 9:23 PM, Blogger Patriot Girl said...

I'm excited for what the Lord is doing in Hico and the youth group. It is good to see the girls having fun and school spirit! Love ya'll and miss you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home