Saturday, December 02, 2006

God is a God of Mercy and Compassion

This week has been hard, the Lord allowed the enemy to pour some salt in an old wound. The past couple of weeks I've been spent time in Job studying. The pastor's sermon Sunday was on Job and trials. The Lord spoke volumes to me and I knew He was working in my life. I also felt led to share with my accountability partner what God was saying, because I felt some of it applied to her life. Little did I know I would get to practice it as well. I'm so thankful that I was listening, so when it hit I had peace in the midst of the turmoil. In Job we see that the enemy had to ask permission to touch Job. That was such a consolation to me that God was not surprised by this and it was o.k. I could trust Him. I'm not saying that my stomach didn't hurt some or that I didn't catch myself fretting, but it was easier to choose truth and listen to it. God handled it beautifully and even allowed my acct partner and a special long distance friend to call at the right time to ask tough questions but love me without judgment. I don't always understand, but I do so know the love of my Savior. I bought Amy Grant's new cd. She remixed the song "IN a Little While" and a line of the lyrics say "We're just here to learn to love Him." How true that is. Thank you God I'm in your hands, that you have given us godly friends and a godly pastor who speaks truth with deep sincerity. Thank you for my precious husband and girls! I am so blessed!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home