Sunday, February 17, 2008

DN Weekend

Some of our sweet former church people who came to help us this weekend.
Sweet precious forever friend!
My baby has grown from 7th grade and is now leading - She's such a beautiful young woman.
Some of my sweet girls - How blessed am I. Looking forward to having some precious babies here just like these precious girls. Didn't know how much I missed you until I saw you. There's always room for you in my heart. You have a permanent place!

K winding things up Sunday Morning. He does such an amazing job. I'm blessed to be married to such a Godly man. We found out this week that our high school girls made the play offs and so at the last moment he had to arrange transportation for all of them to the burbs of the city. Thank the Lord he is flexible and has such a great sense of humor.

This weekend was Disciple Now for our church. It was an amazing weekend. Different years I play different roles. Some I'm a host home, leader, and sometimes like this weekend I was behind the scenes the whole time. On top of that it was my turn to take care of preschool during worship; and so I missed that as well. It was probably better since I'm going on my fourth week of sore throat and laryngitis. I'm going to break down and have to get into the doctor tomorrow. We had 19 saved this past weekend. The precious thing was that we had several youth/college from our former church come lead small groups and participate as students. Nothing thrills your heart more than to have them yell your name in the parking lot and come running up to you and give you a great big hug! They so encouraged my heart! My precious friend also came to help lead the college with her husband. Sweet deep talks of total vulnerability- ugliness and weakness all out there with no worry that my friend won't love me inspite of it. Its been so long - what a refreshing time! The precious babies and deep talks will come here as well - it just takes time. We've only been here a year and a half and I feel like I'm still proving myself. sigh! The cool thing is some of our jr highers from the former church who are now in college are going to be able to help me with princess retreat as well! Yeah! We also traded out daughters with sweet friends. We had a nice time visiting with them as well. Our dn pastor David Griffin did an amazing job; as well as the band Burgandy Road. One of the wonderful things about our church now is how many people in the kitchen and with cleaning up. Our dn pastor was impressed with the service of our people. We are blessed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home