Saturday, May 03, 2008

Psalm 121


I will lift up mine eyes to the hills from whence cometh my help!


I read this a couple of days ago during my devotion time. I've been meditating on it for several days really trying to let it sink in and be real to me. Through the lines I've shared some struggles we have been facing through deaths and major surgeries and there have been others. Due to ministry, I can't share (those of you who know me well, understand) I am very exhausted at this point emotionally and in my soul. I know only God can fill me, but I'm so dry its going to take awhile to get the tank full. smile. This past week during Taks time I meditated on scripture as I walked around the room. In Isaiah 43


Do not fear for I am with you - I have redeemed you and summoned you by name YOU are MINE! When you walk through the waters I will be with you. When you pass through the rivers they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire you will not be burned. The flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the holy one of Israel the Lord your God. - Since you are precious in my sight.


Oh to let those words wash over me. Our year has been full and the accumulation of those things has taken its toll. "We are not ignorant of his devices" one always gets attacked when we are tired and least expect it. I'm asking the Lord what ugliness that has risen to the top in me needs to be scraped off so I will be the pure "silver" is He planning for me to be. I am reminded of the guys in the firey furnace. The only thing that burned were the ropes that held them. What ropes is God removing from me now?


Psalm 66:12

You let men ride over our heads;

We went through fire and water,

but you brought us to a place of abundance.


I love the fact that there is a promise at the end of the struggle. We don't give up, but we press through. Faith presses through. I can hear Beth Moore's voice saying that in my head. smile. I always tell my SS girls I hope God lets my voice ring in their heads with His words when they need to hear them!


May you be encouraged today wherever you are that you are Loved and known by name to our Heavenly Father the source of our help, love, and completeness!

3 Comments:

At 10:26 AM, Blogger Mommy Spice said...

I'm so glad you left a comment on my blog. I love to find other blogs that shine his light!! I know what you're feeling, under completely different circumstances. We're tired, a little nervous, full of wonder, but we know God has us in His hands and will provide what we need day by day. Are you a teacher? I'll have to go look at some of your previous posts. I'm looking to go back since Spicy Girl starts Kinder in the fall....just wish I knew where it was going to be.

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

You are such an inspiration and your words, GOD'S WORDS, always bring me peace. Thank you, Father, for such a woman, sister, friend. I love you and am praying that God will send you peace and rest.

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger PandaMom said...

Love you, Maude.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home