Tuesday, April 22, 2008

My 40ieth























I had an awesome bday. My parents were here for legal issues with the aunt that passed away a couple of months ago, when my other aunt passed away so they stayed on because we are closer to her hometown. They took me out for my birthday to a pasta place and supported my scrapbook habit. smile. They were here to wish me happy birthday the morning of my bday. My European friend had an email waiting for me on my birthday morning. I arrived at school to find that my sweet friend had posted on the flashing school board in the parking lot "Lordy, Lordy, Mrs _-is forty today!!!" You can imagine the responses I got all day. 30 of the fourth graders were hiding in the hall way to surprise me with a happy birthday. My sweet friend had them help decorate my room with black balloons and crepe paper. There was also a sign on my door saying "40 looks good on you!" All the kids wanted to sign my poster. My principal left snacks in my box and a DIET coke! K brought me lunch, and another friend brought me a diet coke. Our good friends took us to Texas De BRazil to celebrate. I had lots of emails, cards, gifts, and phone calls. Due to our precious sign I received phone calls all weekend. People love to wish others a happy fortieth. My favorite was that my students kept asking if black was my favorite color. I would try to explain, but they don't get adult humor.

2 Comments:

At 8:43 AM, Blogger Brandi in TX said...

Happy belated Birthday! Hugs, b

 
At 7:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!!!
Love you

 

Post a Comment

<< Home