Monday, July 14, 2008

Took a forever friend to meet a forever friend!

cotton candy smile!
Sweet family - sweet friends in front of Mt. St. Michael
eating at an outdoor creperie in Dinan!
gathered around a pole in the metro going fast!
the eiffel tour from the trocadero
crawling through German bunkers at pont de huc in Normandy

O.K. Panda mom this one's for you!!!!!


I have been to France and Colorado back to back and finally settling down to light for a little while. I arrived home from France and within 24 hours was on the road driving to Colorado. I literally drove 10 of the 15 hours. My body is so confused. I'm blaming it on the fact that I turned 40 this year even though I don't look it! smile.


My sweet man has been trying to get me over to France to see my childhood forever friend for 2 years. He didn't want to send me alone; so another sweet precious forever friend gladly volunteered to be my chaperone. Good thing, since I have the uncanny knack of coming home everytime there is some strike in transportation in Paris! This year it was the security team at the airport. We were able to witness their marching, singing, blowing whistles and beating drums as we grabbed a quick bite to eat. Fortunately, the people they flew over from Great Britain at the last moment were precious and spoke english. This year our conecting flight plugged into the outlet and blew power. It was the last flight from Chicago to the metroplex on the 4th of July! smile. I love to have drama!!!! They finally found a part in the wearhouse.


Here's a couple of pics and I will post more as I settle in. It was wonderful to see my sweet friend and just spend time with her. Her children are growing up so fast and I was so blessed to spend time with them and watch her mother them. They also enjoyed trying to teach us French.

2 Comments:

At 1:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you got to go back and visit your friend and to take someone new with you. Can't wait to see more pics and hear more about your trip. Have you adjusted to being back yet?
Love ya

 
At 6:23 PM, Blogger PandaMom said...

Thank you soooo much!!! Looks like you had a great time...and what's life without a little drama?!! ; )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home