Saturday, March 15, 2008

In Loving Memory of My Aunt 1927-2008



This has been a very tough and emotional week for us. Many of you know we moved my aunt to an assisted living center here in town. We have been taking care of her since October. Sunday eve the nurse called and said she could not wake her up. We went immediately over there and knew things were not right. A sick feeling came into my stomach. We called 911. The emts came, the sheriff, and several volunteer firemen. They began trying to resciate her and took her on to the hospital. She had begun to have that death rattle breathing. This was so unexpected and the image of her beginning to die haunts my mind. Our sweet friend S came and stayed with the girls. It was a tough call to make to my daddy. We followed the ambulance to the hospital in the next town. The dr. came out and I had to make the decision to stop the breathing machine. They allowed me to go back and be with her as they stopped breathing for her. Our ER doctor was so precious. He rubbed her head as we saw her pulse stop. I then had to call my daddy and tell her she was gone. Every day I drive by her place. Our town is really small! My heart aches and I begin to weep. My daddy and one sister is all that is left of 8 children. His baby sister was just released from the hospital with cancer surgery. Pray for our family. Below is a picture of my daddy and his sister, and one of my aunt with her great niece.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home