Thursday, February 05, 2009

February 8




Pictures of K at 4. She's wearing a cap because she lost her hair. My beautiful girl now.
February 8 is one of those days - a marker that you will never forget. 11 years ago we found out our 4 year old had cancer. At this point no one knew any details, the oncologists feared it was 75% throughout her body. Found out years later that the huge tumor had burst because it had run out of room in her small body. I rejoice every year and tears form as this date comes around. I am reminded how undeserving we are of the awesome miracles God performs. We are blessed He saved our precious K and has allowed her to live without any of the side effects. We have been cancer free almost 11 years. Just within the last year I found out more issues she could have had and horrible side effects of the chemo that would have lasted a lifetime. I don't know why God allowed us to be healed and others He heals by taking them home to HIm. WE are blessed.

6 Comments:

At 8:06 AM, Blogger Brandi in TX said...

Thank you for sharing this special story. God is a complete God of wonders!

 
At 8:40 AM, Blogger Angie Cat said...

I remember that little bald head so well. OH How I loved it. Still love her now. What a beautiful woman she is growing up to be.
Love ya, angie

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger Angie Cat said...

I remember staying with her one night in the hospital. The little thing had her days and nights confused and the nurses just pretty much let us have the run of the floor. I think the nurses just pretty much let Kelsan do anything she wanted they were all in love with her too.

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger Diane said...

God is such a great God. god wants K to be around still and it will be so cool to watch why God wanted her around. I never saw her with no hair, but I heard stories of how her dad went bald too for her. Am I remembering that right?
May God continue to bless your family!!!!
Diane Drake

 
At 8:52 PM, Blogger Sturgmom said...

She is SOOO grown up now! What an amazing story.

 
At 10:29 PM, Blogger PandaMom said...

WE LOVE YOU K!!!!! You have been such a blessing to our family. Miss you and the rest terribly and would LOVE to see all of you! ; )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home