Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Can A Princess Really Skin Her Knee?



Sp hurt herself yesterday. You know its bad when you walk into the nurse's office and she is giving you that look. My accountability partner/precious friend came to spend the day with me yesterday. We stopped by to see another friend at the school. As we were walking out one of the aids said you ought to go check on your daughter in the nurse's office. I got that look. We ended up calling the doctor's office. She had hit the concrete after lunch and literally took a chunk out of one knee. It was really deep. The nurse couldn't tell if she got all the rocks out and if there was still skin left to stitch. Sp was a trooper at the doctor's office. Especially when he cut away skin. She rejected the numbing shot. She would rather be cut then have a shot. smile. She didn't need stitches because there was no skin to stitch. The doctor said it look liked a dog took a chunk out of her leg. She did great. My sweet friend held her hand and kept her occupied during the whole thing. The dr. and nurses said how well she did.
We always give a treat if you have a trauma at the dr.'s office. Since we have to travel 20 miles to another town to see our dr. the treat choices are severely limited. We found a cookie shop, but the dr. said she should ask for more than that. smile. While we were looking for the cookie shop, we saw this book, Can A Princess Really Skin Her Knee? God has such a sense of humor.
This morning she wanted me to take pictures so she could show her friends at school. She's out of p.e. for the week, doctor's orders. I am sparing you the meaty pictures. smile. God is so precious in that even though my day didn't go as planned ( uninterrupted, deep discussions with my friend); I had a friend who walked during a stressful time with me. (K was out of town). Also she pointed out to Sp how God provided us for her at the right time. He knew she would get hurt and that we needed to be there. Such a testimony of God's faithfulness to her. What a godly friend helping me to share God and his faithfulness with my children.

1 Comments:

At 12:16 PM, Blogger PandaMom said...

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!! How perfect for that book to be there for the circumstances! Glad you had time with someone who loves you!! ; )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home